Comments are closed.
5 Steps You Can Take Today
Distinguish Real Hunger
Dehydration is often mistaken for true hunger. When you have an urge to eat just stop and listen. Is your body really hungry? Do not look at the time to see how long ago you ate!!! Just listen and observe the feelings inside of you. If you still think you are hungry drink a glass a water and wait a bit. Observe and listen to your body again. Still hungry? Then eat. More often then not you may find you were really thirsty. When we are truly hungry our mouths should salivate and the body will feel the need for a specific food.
Choose Low Fat Foods
Consider this except from Dr. Doug Graham, “When fat levels in the blood rise, so does blood sugar, because excess fat inhibits insulin from performing its function of escorting sugar out of the bloodstream. The excess fat lines the blood vessel walls, the cells, insulin receptor sites, the sugar molecules themselves, and the insulin with a thin coating of fat, thus blocking and inhibiting normal metabolic activity. Too much sugar in the blood is as life threatening as too little and can result in serious illness or death. Yeast, or candida, is a constant presence in the blood; it serves as a life preservation mechanism, blooming when there is an excess of sugar in the blood stream to bring blood sugar down to a non-threatening level. When the sugar is distributed and used by the cells of the body, the yeast quickly dies off as it is supposed to. If fat levels stay chronically high due to a poor diet, sugar will remain in the bloodstream and feed the large candida colonies instead of feeding the 18 trillion cells of your body. Starved for fuel, these cells can no longer metabolize energy, and you become tired, and feel rundown. Because all carbohydrate, fat, and protein that we eat is converted to simple sugar (glucose) if it is to be used by the cells for fuel, the way out of this cycle is not to eat less sugar, but to consume less fat. When fat levels drop, the sugar starts to get processed and distributed again, and the yeast levels drop because there is no longer excess sugar available.”
Eat with Conscious
- Eat in a comfortable pleasant environment free of distrations.
- Chew slowly and thoroughly. Really taste your food, feel the texture, and stop when you are satisfied.
- Increase your activity. This aids in ridding the body of toxins and stimulating metabolism.
- Get in touch with true hunger and only eat when true hunger is present
- Do not eat when you are in a emotional upheaval!
- Conversely, do not reward yourself with food. Find another “treat” for yourself like a bubble bath or massage.
- Acknowledge your daily accomplishments on this program
- Stay Positive – don’t feel that you are being deprived. In fact, you are giving your body everything!
Respect and Love Yourself
Everyone has insecurities and have things about themselves that they are less than pleased with. By committing to love and respect yourself as you are HERE and NOW you will forge a new relationship with you body. As the days go on notice the wonderful things about yourself. Give yourself a pat on the back everyday for the beautiful person you are – inside and out!
Being healthy is not just about the technical nutrients and minerals. It’s also about our attitude. Letting go of stress and guilt, forgiving yourself for whatever you may feel horrible about eating, and moving forward with optimism and self-love, ESPECIALLY SELF-LOVE, is even more important than the fruits and greens.
Work Towards Creating a Total Lifestyle
- get enough sleep
- stay hydrated with water throughout the day
- eat smaller meals more often (to avoid spiking your blood sugar)
- move your body vigorously and/or exercising
- find activities you like to do
- try new things
- breath, breath, breath
- create a peaceful living environment
- take time to sit in stillness and just listen
- embrace gratitude!
- CELEBRATE YOUR LIFE!